Due to restrictions and regulations on shipping various plant and animal products to other countries, we do not ship outside the US at this time.
This may change in the future, but for the time being, please disregard any information below regarding international shipping. We will only be shipping to the US for the foreseeable future.
- All orders are shipped exclusively via USPS.
- The default shipping method for domestic and international orders is First Class Mail. If your order exceeds weight restrictions, then we ship by Priority Mail.
- The weight limit for First Class Mail within the US is 13 ounces. The weight limit for First Class Mail International is 64 ounces (approximately 1.8 Kg). Please note that this refers to the final packed weight of your order, including any packing material, as well as the shipping container.
- Delivery confirmation is included on all orders for which it is available. Tracking/Delivery confirmation is not available for first class international mail, or for some forms of priority international to some countries.
- Due to restrictions and regulations on shipping various plant and animal products to other countries, we do not ship outside the US at this time.
- Some items can only be shipped by specific methods. Also, not all items can be shipped together. For example, driftwood always requires a cardboard box for shipping. It can be cost efficient to order other lightweight products such as foodstuffs and other supplies along with driftwood because driftwood requires a sufficiently large box, but does not fill up all the space. Many items can be packed along with driftwood. On the other hand, original artwork cannot be combined with other products in a single package because it must ship flat. You can certainly order any combination of products, but some of them may have to ship separately.
- All international packages require Customs forms and packing slips. Customs forms will be marked as merchandise and at the EXACT VALUE, no exceptions. The buyer is responsible for any importation taxes, duties, and Customs fees charged by the buyer’s country. Any fees charged at time of delivery by your country for imported foreign goods are YOUR responsibility and are NOT part of this transaction. The buyer is responsible for being knowledgeable about any and all laws their country has regarding restrictions or prohibitions on importation of any products, especially plant and animal products, available on this site. Alaska Hermit is not responsible for any fees or confiscation of your package by Customs officials. Only purchase things from us which you know are legal to import into your country. Nothing described here is grounds for a refund. Please know what is okay where you live before you buy.